We are currently not hiring for this position at this time.
Please check back at a later date for more information.
If you would like to leave us an application please apply here and we will reach out
if a position becomes available.
This position is Part-Time, weekend
The Ranger/Starter assists with guests checking in, directing the flow of traffic on the course, enforcing facility rules, assisting customers with course etiquette, alerting management to any golf course problems, promoting the facility and its events and assisting players with any on-course problems.
- Flexible availability including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Open & Close shifts available
- Knowledge in golf and golf etiquette .
- Excellent Communication skills required
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required
- Positive interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work well under pressure and coordinate multiple tasks
- Ability to lift 50lbs and bend while performing work duties
- Must be able to perform tasks outdoors in hot temperatures
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
It must be recognized that all specific duties cannot be listed and that responsibilities will change accordingly as the need arises.
- Check with the Golf Shop for any Special Instructions for the Day
- Make sure you have a working radio and a tee sheet
- Check ranger cart for all supplies for the day
- Make sure you get all cart numbers from the starter for the day
- Move around the Course in Reverse order Hole 18 back to Hole 1
- Make sure that are Restrooms on the Course are adequately supplied.
- Pick up any trash that you see
- Report in every 25-30 minutes, even if there is nothing to Report
- Assist the Outside Staff during shotgun events and when needed
- Assist in maintaining Golf Course condition by promoting use of divot repair sand, ball marks, and bunkers being raked.
- Enforcing facility rules and regulations
- Promote the facility programs, events, and image to the members of the facility at all times
- Implementing the Flag policy regarding the pace of play and notifying the Golf Shop before moving a group.
- Update the Tee sheet throughout the Day and notify the Golf Shop of any changes
- Assists the golf shop by relaying any information regarding the course to the members
- Turn in Tee Sheet with Radio to the Golf Shop at the end of scheduled shift
PREREQUISITES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS The ability to speak English is necessary to converse with our members and guests. Proper diction is valued to maintain the ambiance of high level service to our members. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, members and the general public is important.
REASONING ABILITY It is necessary to have the ability to solve practical problems that may arise. Our team members must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to lift and carry up to approximately 70 pounds. The Team Member may be required to spend long hours on their feet.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member could be exposed to outside weather conditions, if providing service during an outside event. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with increased levels during events. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job and “other” duties (if defined) include those that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Team Members holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.