We are currently not hiring for this position at this time.
Please check back at a later date for more information.
If you would like to leave us an application please apply here and we will reach out
if a position becomes available.
This position is Part-Time.
Under the direction of the Equipment Manager and/or the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent, the Mechanic assists and/or works independently of the Equipment Manager in the repairing and maintenance of various gasoline and diesel powered golf maintenance equipment. The Mechanic also assists in maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building, contributes to a preventative maintenance program, and warrants safety procedures a top priority
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred and possibly a Commercial Drivers License.
- Requires a working knowledge of the general operation of gasoline, diesel and electric powered equipment, the proper methods of servicing golf course equipment, and the repair and adjustment of power mowing equipment.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, division).
- Speak English and have ability to understand and follow oral and written direction
- Requires a mechanical ability; ability to use common mechanical tools.
- Requires and ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Requires assisting in a clean and well-organized parts inventory room.
- Requires adhering to proper recycling and/or disposal of various oils, compounds and other fluids (antifreeze, oil filters, etc.)
- Requires assisting in an effective, daily inspection of golf course maintenance equipment.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends. Reliable and predictable attendance is required.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and walk.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to lift overhead and push/pull, move lighter objects.
- The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
It must be recognized that all specific duties cannot be listed and that responsibilities will change accordingly as the need arises.
- Communicates any needs or problems relating to maintenance or repair of equipment with the Equipment Manager and/or Assistant Superintendent.
- Inspects diagnoses, adjusts and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various pieces of golf course maintenance equipment on a regular basis.
- Works with Equipment Manager to prioritize equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Sets up and modifies new equipment as needed.
- Repairs and adjusts engines and cutting mechanisms on various heavy and light mowing equipment.
- Keeps maintenance equipment fueled, oiled and inspected; and performs related tasks as required.
- Sharpens mowers with grinders.
- Keep up with preventative maintenance schedule, i.e. oil, grease, air, gas, etc.
- Inspect equipment on course.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PREREQUISITES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS The ability to speak English is necessary to converse with our members and guests. Proper diction is valued to maintain the ambiance of high level service to our members. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, members and the general public is important.
REASONING ABILITY It is necessary to have the ability to solve practical problems that may arise. Our team members must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to lift and carry up to approximately 70 pounds. The Team Member may be required to spend long hours on their feet.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member could be exposed to outside weather conditions, if providing service during an outside event. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with increased levels during events. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job and “other” duties (if defined) include those that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Team Members holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.