This position is Part-Time.
Responsible for providing maintenance to the course, in the form of cutting, shaping, building features and other tasks related to golf course maintenance.
- Flexible availability including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent Communication skills required
- Positive interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work well under pressure and coordinate multiple tasks
- Ability to lift 50lbs and bend while performing work duties
- Must be able to perform tasks outdoors in hot temperatures
- Ability to operate various types of power equipment including lawnmowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers, leaf blowers, and other landscaping equipment.
- Ability to use hand tools required for landscaping.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of landscaping techniques and processes.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
It must be recognized that all specific duties cannot be listed and that responsibilities will change accordingly as the need arises.
- Mows lawns, trims weeds, and rakes leaves as assigned.
- Picks up and removes trash prior to mowing a designated area.
- Empties trash and recycling containers.
- Trims bushes, shrubs, and hedges.
- Prepares soil and plants flowers, bushes, hedges, or shrubs.
- Plants trees and prunes them when necessary.
- Cuts and removes trees as needed.
- Applies fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides as directed.
- Performs routine maintenance on power equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PREREQUISITES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS The ability to speak English is necessary to converse with our members and guests. Proper diction is valued to maintain the ambiance of high level service to our members. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, members and the general public is important.
REASONING ABILITY It is necessary to have the ability to solve practical problems that may arise. Our team members must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to lift and carry up to approximately 70 pounds. The Team Member may be required to spend long hours on their feet.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member could be exposed to outside weather conditions, if providing service during an outside event. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with increased levels during events. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job and “other” duties (if defined) include those that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Team Members holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.