We are currently not hiring for this position at this time.
Please check back at a later date for more information.
If you would like to leave us an application please apply here and we will reach out
if a position becomes available.
This position is Full Time position.
Under general direction of the Food and Beverage Manager, the cook is a member of the Food and Beverage Team and works closely with the staff to prepare meals for large parties. This individual will be responsible for storing and serving food with consistent quality and Food Safety procedures. Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Flexible availability including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Open & Close shifts available
- Must obtain a Food handler certificate within 1 month of employment.
- Excellent Communication skills required
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required
- Positive interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work well under pressure and coordinate multiple tasks
- Ability to lift 50lbs and bend while performing work duties
- Must be able to perform tasks outdoors in hot temperatures.
It must be recognized that all specific duties cannot be listed and that responsibilities will change accordingly as the need arises.
- Assist in directing and correcting the presentation and portioning of food for all functions.
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding sanitation and sanitary food handling.
- Maintains the work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county, and company health regulations and safety regulations.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to Paganica Golf standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, deep-frying, sauté, roasting and par-cooking.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, dairy, and meat products.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper food handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Breakdown buffets, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Have at least 2 years experience in food preparation or two year degree in culinary arts.
- Assists in the training of Paganica cooks, making sure menu items are made consistently to Paganica standards.
PREREQUISITES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS The ability to speak English is necessary to converse with our members and guests. Proper diction is valued to maintain the ambiance of high level service to our members. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, members and the general public is important.
REASONING ABILITY It is necessary to have the ability to solve practical problems that may arise. Our team members must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to lift and carry up to approximately 70 pounds. The Team Member may be required to spend long hours on their feet.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member could be exposed to outside weather conditions, if providing service during an outside event. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with increased levels during events. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job and “other” duties (if defined) include those that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Team Members holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.